Sometimes professional development works for any teacher in any grade level or subject area. Sometimes it's better to dive deep with teachers in your content area.
I became a better teacher by collaborating with my colleagues. We trade stories and activities, and listen to each other's ideas about how to teach literature. I started Teacher's Workshop to allow teachers to extend these daily conversations beyond the walls of our schools.
Read my blog and follow me on Instagram @thejoysofteachingliterature to hear more about me and my approach to teaching. You can also visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store where you can download some free resources.
- challenge students to create and analyze complex writing
- make the study of literature meaningful and fun
- teach practical communication skills for all real-life situations
- create assignments using new technologies
- foster intrinsic motivation and an appreciation of deep thinking
English teacher, Princeton High School, Princeton, NJ
15 years teaching experience
currently teaches AP English IV (Literature and Composition), English IV, Filmmaking, Media Studies
Supervisor Standard Certificate
M.A., B.A., English, Rutgers University