Take out the stress of teaching and put in the fun.
I started to truly enjoy teaching by listening to the experiences of my colleagues. We trade stories and activities, and listen to each other's ideas about how to inspire students. I started Teacher's Workshop to extend these daily conversations beyond the walls of our schools.
Listen to my podcast, "The Joys of Teaching Literature", or read my blog and follow me on Instagram @thejoysofteachingliterature to hear more about me and my approach to teaching. You can also visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store where you can download some free resources.
- challenge students to reach their full potential
- make the learning meaningful and fun
- teach practical skills for all real-life situations
- create assignments using new technologies
- foster intrinsic motivation and an appreciation of deep thinking
high school English teacher, NJ
17 years teaching experience
AP English IV (Literature and Composition), Filmmaking,
Media Studies, Film Appreciation, Creative Writing, Racial Literacy, English I, II, III, and IV
Supervisor Standard Certificate
M.A., B.A., English, Rutgers University